Wednesday, April 14, 2010

It's Alive!

In the immortal words of Dr. Frankenstein, "it's alive, It's ALIVE!". Thankfully, I didn't predict my own death, as I concerned myself with in my first post. My heart hasn't stopped beating, my anger hasn't subsided, my passion is large as can be, and my fingers aren't yet bloodied.

So, I suppose a question I need to ask myself now is, what the hell am I going to write about?

Of all my interests and opinions, narrowing a blog down to one general theme or topic will certainly prove difficult. I glanced briefly through some of the "self-help-first-time-blogger-topic-suggestion blogs" that can be found throughout the interwebs, and quite honestly, it bored me. Being that I'm not aiming this at some kind of particular demographic, nor doing it for recognition, I can rant about anything I damn well please. FREEDOM! Perhaps I'll find my way the longer I continue to do this. Perhaps I'll decide to focus upon one topic or another, but as for now, why bother? My "way" tends to be a mixture of chaos and insanity as it is, so...why would I put some social restraint on myself when it's a personal blog anyhow? Reading what all of the professional bloggers suggest as a formula or format to make things easier for those reading is pointless, and against my idea of life and art.

Of all my interests, all of the places I've been and seen...there's surely enough fodder I can entertain myself with. I wonder though, if one of the reasons I'm doing this is to piece together my life, should I subscribe to some formula? Alphabetical? Chronological? Nah...again I remind myself that chaos is a common factor in my life, and life in general. If I'm to piece it all together, trying to do so in an orderly fashion, and succeeding, sort of negates my entire purpose. If I could do that, why would I feel the need to piece things together at all?

So, until next time, if there is one...

Life is chaos, embrace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment