Tuesday, April 13, 2010

To Blog Or Not To Blog

...that is the question. Considering the fact that I am writing this, my answer is obvious. of Of course this may change when I complete my first entry, if not before. Then again, I may continue until I take my dying breath, assuming of course I'll live long enough to see and/or own the technology that will allow me to simply speak my thoughts and have them recorded as such. Yes, I know such technology exists, but I don't have it currently, nor do I feel the need for it.

Of course, after writing the above I just glanced to the top right of my screen and noticed a link that reads "Voice Posting". Will wonders ever cease? With a paid account, I can simply call in an entry. Quickly, my thoughts have now changed to the fact that I'm also lying in bed. Did I just predict my own death? Will I die suddenly after I post this entry? I'm two paragraphs in and already the question has changed from whether or not to blog...to writing one continuous blog if for no other reason than to stay alive. Damn you technology, damn you overactive imagination, and damn myself for being what may turn out as the one hit wonder of blogging prophets.

I suppose I might as well attempt to say a few things before finding out if in fact death is waiting for me at the click of a button. The original purpose of this entry was to help me decide if I actually want to start blogging. Should I consider a series of logical questions in order to make a rational decision? Should I just say screw it, and bloody my fingers upon the keyboard as a "healthy" way to vent my frustrations? I'll likely do both.

Debating why people blog is probably pretty unoriginal. Considering I don't read or subscribe to any blogs currently, I'm certainly no expert on the matter. I'm gong to sum it up for myself briefly, and move on. People blog to have a voice and leave a mark, even if it's little more than a digital teardrop in a cyber ocean. The ease and the ability to have a global voice via the Internet is remarkable, and for better or worse, everyone whom has something to say is going to say it. Before I go off on a rage filled tangent with regard to the abuse found online, I'll leave it at that; people blog to leave a mark, to be heard.

I don't honestly believe that's what I'm doing, because I don't expect to garner a following. The chances that anyone will read my ramblings are slim to none, considering the vast amount of professional blogs with much more elaborate and specific agendas than I have. I do believe however, my motivation is still relatively selfish, perhaps a needed and inexpensive form of therapy. When I was younger I wrote often, and as the days go on I realize my youth is fading in the distance. Perhaps it's a last ditch effort to grasp a hold of failing memories, random thoughts, and raging opinions, in order to find some semblance of a life not wasted. Yet, I must consider it may also serve to remind me that there is so much yet undone, and I better get to it. II think it would be very difficult to forgive myself for a life that has been wasted.

Though, who knows, this may be the last thing I write. If the prophecy is true, I better make a decision now. Life wasted? Life lived well? Definitely both.

No comments:

Post a Comment